Saturday, August 30, 2014

First day of school 2014

Monday was back to school for the kids. I have a 1st and 3rd grader!  Not sure when or how that happened.  lol.  Caden is a seasoned pro and walked down to his class all by himself.  He didn't even look back to wave goodbye. :(. I was also informed that I should not send notes In his lunchbox this year.  Whaaa!  That one stung a little.  I guess it was bound to happen.  He is growing up and a note from mom in 3rd grade would be so embarrassing.  Lol. 
Paige had a few nerves, but she did great this year.  I think it helped that her best friend is in her class this year.  Not only that but they are seated right next to each other!  It should make for an interesting year for sure.  lol. So far she says she loves first grade.  After we got home on Monday she was rushing around unpacking her backpack, emptying her lunchbox and putting her things away.  When I asked her what she was doing she said she was not in kindergarten anymore and it was time to be responsible!  Ha!  I can handle that.  And at least I still have one who wants notes in her lunchbox still.  They both had a great first week and we are looking forward to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment