Monday, October 26, 2015

What a week

I never  thought I would be happy for a Monday but after last week I was ready.  I use my blog kind of like a baby book so I won't go into what went on this past week.  I just want to focus on the good and even in the darkest times life still goes on.  Especially with kids.  Funny how no matter how we try to protect them and not let them know we are upset they can always sense it.  I found a quickly scribbled note from Caden one morning.  I gave him the biggest hug when he got home and told him how much I need that.  
Jimmy and I celebrated 17 years this week.  I think sometimes life reminds you to stop and really look at your marriage.  In the midst of the chaos Jimmy reminded me we needed to take time to celebrate even if it was just dinner.  I love this guy so much! 
I am loving being a teacher in kids on a mission.  Recently we have changed things up and we no longer rotate teachers.  The grades are split up and have the same teachers each week.  Becky and I have kindergarten and first grade.  I enjoy teaching the kids about missions.  This week I brought our old globe and we made lanterns.  The kids loved looking up where our missionaries live and were very proud of their paper lanterns. 
We ended the week with some nasty weather but it aloud for the perfect time to carve pumpkins.  Jimmy cut the tops off and the kids did the rest.  They were excited to show me their hard work.  I love Caden's face in this picture.  lol. He is such a ham.  


No comments:

Post a Comment