Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back to the future

Today we took the kids to roller skate at Skateworld. We met Tami and Brayden and several of his friends there. It brought back so many memories. It was the place to hang out when I was a kid. I thought about skating, but decided I did not feel like breaking a leg today. Ha!

Neither of the kids could skate. Learning to skate was #2 on our summer bucket list and after getting our free passes from the summer reading program we decided it was time to learn. I think after today Caden can mark it off the list. He took several hard falls, but ended up getting the hang of it and loved it. A little more practice and he will be skating good.

Paige enjoyed it, but man she was slow! They will tighten the little skates for you so she was really just walking. She was afraid to fall and after awhile decided to just watch.

It was a lot of fun to watch all the kids. I kept thinking it felt like it was just yesterday when I was in their place. Man, time flies!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Glad y'all got out and gave it a go! And Yay for Caden for picking it up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete