Saturday, July 28, 2012

Nanna and Pawpaw time!

Today the kids left to go visit Jimmy's dad and stepmom, aka Nanna and Pawpaw. They usually visit them for a few days a couple of times each summer. Due to schedule conflicts and sickness they have not been yet this summer. So, Nanna asked if they could stay the entire week. Caden is up for it, but I am not sure Paige will make it. The plan is for Paige to maybe come back with Jimmy's dad on Tuesday when he comes back for work if she misses home too much. I mentioned this to her and she said she wanted to stay seven days like Caden. She is pretty determined, but I am not sure how she will do, so we will play it by ear.

I was very excited NOT to have to pack any pullups for Paige! After only a little over a week I am pretty sure I can say we are finally out of pullups at night now. The Goodnite mats I blogged about were a lifesaver the first couple of days, but now she is waking up to go potty. I guess I should say we are waking up. Lol. She wakes up and will come get me to take her. She says she is scared. I am hoping that this is a phase and will pass, but it is a small price to pay. We were very excited to mark that off our list. I did send a few mats for Nanna to put on her bed just incase the change in routine causes her to have an accident. Way to go Paige!


I won't lie I sometimes look forward to a little me time when the kids get ready to leave. But when they actually do I miss them terribly and don't know what to do with myself. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Paige will want to come home early. Lol. Am I crazy?

They always have so much fun and I know this time will not be any different.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome about Paige!! And way to go Momma for sticking it out! We are the same way with the kids. Last night Shawn and I were sitting on the couch and he looks at me and says "I miss the kids". They were spending the night with Alisha. :)

    ReplyDelete