Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tests and Tooth fairy mistakes


I know our days of believing in Santa and the tooth fairy are coming to an end.  I have to admit it makes me sad. :(. They almost really came to an end this past week.  Caden lost another tooth and Jimmy and I were watching TV and I told him not to let me forget the tooth fairy.  The next morning my alarm goes off and the first thing I think is I forgot!  I jumped up and dug in my purse for 5 one dollar bills.  I folded them together and snuck into Caden's room to make the switch.  Whew!  I made it.  I started our morning and was in the kitchen when Caden comes running out of his room.  He shouted, "Look what the tooth fairy gave me, I can't believe it!"  Much to my surprise he was holding 4 dollar bills and this.
Yes, that is the fifty dollar bill I got for Christmas I was keeping in my purse.  I was in total shock.  That will teach me to go searching  for money in the dark.  I can only imagine what the other parents will think when their kids tell them caden got 50 dollars from the tooth fairy.  Parenting fail!  

My mom said the tooth fairy knew what she was doing because that same day Caden's teacher approached me after school very excited about some test results of Caden's.  Apparently they took the CogAT (Cognitive Abilities Test).  She told me to get with her to discuss what it means but she was thrilled with how well he did.  She said it explains so much about him.  Lol. He truly does have a thirst for knowledge.   His mind never stops.  I gather the test looks at not only their knowledge but how they learn so we can better understand how to teach them.  I think.  I don't think the test has any real merit as far as school goes, but I am always looking for ways to encourage a love for learning so I  looking forward to talking to his teacher.  


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I'm dying over the $50!! High rollers over there! Ha! When he gets older that will be something y'all will always laugh about!! And awesome on his test scores! One smart boy...taking after his parents! And I see you have some Young Living on your counter! :) We are fans too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Good eye. They have really helped Caden's allergies. I find myself using them more and more!

      Delete
  2. Wow, those CogAT results are impressive! I think Caden really deserved that 50 dollar bill he got from the tooth fairy. Haha! You don’t need to worry though, a lot of parents have their own Tooth Fairy fail story. At least you have something to share when the topic comes up. Thanks for sharing this with us! Good day!


    Brian Derrick @ Falls Park Dentistry

    ReplyDelete