Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Sunday

We woke up tired Sunday morning but eager to celebrate our Savior's resurrection.  The service was wonderful and I loved having the kids in the service with us.  I couldn't help getting emotional thinking about what Jesus did for us on the cross.  To know it was my sins that put him there and he suffered for me is overwhelming.  All I can say is praise Jesus!

All the little ones were adorable in their Easter clothes.  I snapped a couple of Caden, Paige and Sam.  They were so cute!
After church we went back to Tami's to eat Easter lunch and hunt eggs.  It is so much fun now that the kids are a little older and really into hunting the eggs.
We tried to make it a little challenging for them this year.
I have to laugh at the above picture.  Amy will kill me for posting it.  Lol. She was running to get ready to take pictures, but it looks like she is running to get the eggs and I could not resist getting a shot of it.  Sorry sis!  Then came the kids.  They were pumped!
I think we had about 100 eggs when it was all said and done.  Lol. Most were boiled eggs and every time we turned around Sam or Paige was eating one. Lol. We filled some with money including the golden egg which Brayden and Paige found together.  We also shook things up this year and wrote some prizes down and put them into plastic eggs.  Things like dinner of your choice, a trip to get a snowcone, and staying up an extra 30 mins on a school night.  They kids really enjoyed that part.  Of course a couple were empty with a note to remind us what Easter is really about.  The empty tomb!  I think I can say this is one of the best Easters we have had.  Next year we talked about having an adult egg hunt with date nights and different things in the eggs.  Yes, we are dorks but we love a good time! 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! And Amy's picture is priceless. :-) I love the egg hunt ideas, very neat! And an adult egg hunt would be fun too! I guess your parents would hide the eggs? LOL!

    ReplyDelete