Friday, February 10, 2012

How could I skip this?

I know I said I was moving forward with my blog but how could I not post about the birth of my new nephew D.J.

After a pregnancy with lots of ups and downs I finally got the call January 17th at about 7:30 that I had been waiting for. Amy was in labor! I quickly called into work, canceled my session with my trainer and went to pick her up. Erin was on his way home from work and we arranged for Paige and Sam to stay with Patricia while we went to the hospital. Amy decided she wanted to ride with me to drop off the kids at Patricia's. A few tears later I took her back to her house so Erin could drive her to the hospital. I went home, got dressed and Jimmy and I headed up there too.

What a special day it was. I had been looking forward to it for such a long time because this time I was aloud to be in the delivery room with her. After much kissing up to Erin and begging and telling them what a help I would be they decided to let me in. Lol.

All I can say is it was amazing. Amy was such a trooper and so calm and beautiful. I loved seeing Erin take such good care of her when she needed him. And to be one of the first people to see D.J. when he was born is something I will always carry with me. I told one of my friends next to my own children's birth it was one of the best experiences of my life. I wish I would have let Amy be in the room when my two were born. I thought it would be awkward and embarrassing but it was just amazing.

I could go on and on about that day. I am so proud of my sister. She is my best friend and now a wonderful mom to two precious boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment