Friday, February 17, 2012

Why I need a trainer.

I can honestly say I remember feeling fat most of my life. Which I find silly now when I look back at pictures of myself. I was thin! I wish I could tell that girl back then to not be so hard on herself. To say my food issues run deep is putting it lightly and add some big time insecurities on top of that.

I gained the normal amount of weight with both my kids (about 25-30 lbs) and it came off fairly quickly on it's own. But then came 2008. After a miscarriage, a robbery, a new job, two small children and just stress in general my weight began to creep up. Looking back now I know I was consoling myself with food. But I could not get a hold of it and so I got bigger and bigger.

Jimmy is wonderful and never would say anything about my weight. And everyone else around me seemed to be carrying around a few extra pounds so I let it go. But it was time to change. I was tired all the time and with my family history of heart disease I knew I had to change now.

To date I have lost 35 lbs with the help of my trainer. A number that makes me shutter considering I still need to lose a lot but I remind myself that is my insecurities talking again. Several people have asked my why I don't just do it on my own and I wish I could! I did not want to do a fad diet. I spent most of my 20's doing those. And I missed exercise but could never seem to get in a good habit. I needed someone to be accountable to. While most of my family and friends are supportive they are also the first ones to ask me to go out to eat. Lol. And, I am being honest when I say I would never let Jimmy see my weight and it would eventually hurt my feelings if he hounded me about what I ate or exercise.

So I got a trainer. While he is very nice and respectful he is also honest. I know if I cheat on the weekend I will have to answer to him on Monday. And it doesn't hurt my feelings when he gets on to me for having that cake or Mexican food. He pushes me way harder than I could push myself.

He has me on a low calorie plan and lots of water and exercise. A few months ago I hated going to the gym. But I made it part of my routine and now I love it. It is my stress reliever.

To say it has been easy would be a lie. I still have a ways to go but I WILL get there!

1 comment:

  1. SO awesome!! When I saw you this evening you really looked thin. I can totally relate about the exercise. Getting started was a bummer but a must if I wanted to lose weight, but when I got in a routine, I loved it and looked forward to pushing myself each time!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete