Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blankie

Did you know I have a third child? I remember the day I got him. At my baby shower I opened a beautiful multicolored blanket that would some day become Paige's blankie. He was so soft and beautiful. He had a little stretch to him that made him the perfect blanket to swaddle her in. I am not sure exactly how or when it happened but he went from a swaddling blanket, to a blanket she covered up with at night, to what he is today. Her blankie. I assume he is a boy because she refers to it as him. And now we all do too. Lol

I catch myself talking about him like he is a real person. Paige will tell you he is her best friend and when I ask her who she loves more me or blankie, she will reply momma AND blankie. I guess I should be happy I at least tie with him. (there I go again referring to it as a person!)

And how could I forget taggy? Blankie must have a conjoined twin because she also loves taggy, the tag on the blanket. She holds onto taggy and rubs it on her face. I am not sure if taggy is a boy or a girl. Lol It has fallen off several times and it is must that I sew it back on.

Blankie is no longer bright and pretty. He is dingy and full of holes. But I guess he will be apart of our family for as long as Paige needs him. We love you blankie!

No comments:

Post a Comment