Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday! I love everything about Easter. Most of all I love what Easter is really about. I can barely think about what Jesus did for me without wanting to cry. I am so thankful for my salvation!

We started celebrating today by dying eggs at my house. Amy, Sam, D.j., Tami, Danielle, Brayden and Luke came by to join the fun. And we did have fun. The kids were really into it this year. They loved showing off their eggs and had so much fun hunting them too.

Sam found his own way to have fun. After coloring them he started smashing the eggs. I am not sure how many he crushed but he really enjoyed it. Squeaky quickly became his best friend when he started feeding him eggs. Lol

Tomorrow will continue our weekend of fun. My sweet little cousin Benjamin will be turning one and we are going to his party. His mom is having a big Easter egg hunt complete with the Easter bunny and bouncy houses. It should be a blast! We will be making resurrection rolls for breakfast in the morning. It will be my first time to make them and I can't wait to share the story of the empty grave with the kids while we make them.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! We dyed eggs this morning, but didn't get a chance to decorate them...maybe tomorrow. And Sam was really smashing them...too funny!!

    ReplyDelete